THIS WEEK’S INSIDE BUZZ: FRIDAY 5!
Subscribe or renew for 3 years and receive a FREE poster
autographed by Shawn Johnson! Subscribe Today!
By Emily Gillis
Insiders, join us for our Inside Buzz: Friday 5 weekly highlights! Every Friday at 10 a.m. sharp we will highlight our top 5 gymnastics moments of the week! Let’s see who made the cut this week!
1. Practice Makes Perfect. Several of the nation’s top gymnasts traveled to the U.S. Gymnastics National Training Center at the Karolyi Ranch this week for a training camp. Many gymnastics fans wondered why 2008 Olympians Shawn Johnson, Nastia Liukin and Chellsie Memmel did not participate. According to an update from USA Gymnastics, they were unable to fulfill camp expectations, which were to verify at least two full events. They’ll all continue their training & we should see them at the 2012 Secret U.S. Classic. What are your thoughts on these returners??
2. Still Inspiring. On Wednesday, Shannon Miller tweeted that she celebrated her 1-year anniversary of finishing chemo! Even after all these years she still continues to inspire gymnastics enthusiasts everywhere!
3. Winning Balance. Copies of Olympic champ Shawn Johnson’s book, Winning Balance, made it to her house this week! The book tells what she’s learned about faith, love and living your dreams. To pre-order a copy, click here! The book will be released in June.
4. Committed to a Cause. Through its beauty brands, Procter & Gamble announced its pledge to donate $400,000 to the P&G|Team USA Youth Sports Fund, enriching and supporting youth sports programs across the country. P&G's commitment to youth sports expands on its partnership with 2008 Olympian Alicia Sacramone. Here’s what she had to say, "I'm proud to be partnering with P&G's Beauty brands in their effort to support youth sports... With gymnastics being a sport comprised of such young athletes, my team and I understand first hand how important youth sports organizations are. The sense of camaraderie and value of a team's unconditional support gives young women the confidence they need to thrive, as it does for us while we train and compete."
5. Finally Here!! Insiders, May has finally arrived!! Trust us, you won't want to miss our 10th Anniversary Commemorative Issue this May/June! Packed with amazing photos and great features, re-live the last decade of the sport with your favorite gymnasts. Click here to Subscribe or Renew Today!
What other things do you think were hot topics this week? Join the discussion on our Facebook page & see what others think, too!
Be sure to keep checking in on our Countdown to the Olympics section and subscribe now to receive our 10th Anniversary Commemorative Issue and the Olympic issue! Don't miss out!
Click here to advertise with us